Wednesday, 29 November 2023

History will haunt me forever

 At 2, 

I did something good

I bathed three chicks

helped them submerged 

But, they died

.

At 6,

I did something good.

I kept fireflies in a glass Jar

Helped them to have a home

But, they gasped 

.


At 10,

I did something good

I inserted a dog's tail into an iron pipe

helped him straighten it

But, he barked 


At 16,

I did something good.

I encouraged a classmate copy my answers,

helped him write the exams

But, he failed.


At 20,

I did something good

I assisted a friend doing his tasks

Wrote his write-ups on ethics

But, he failed in ethics


At 24

I did something good

I helped a fascist win elections

stayed inside my comfort zone 

But, democracy died the very day


At 28, 

I did something good,

I helped someone alter history 

Kept silence when he distorted truth 

But, people were traumatised by the distorted history


At 29,

I am doing something good,

I am helping modern-day colonizers to colonize,  

I sit in an alternative world, reading essays on de-colonialism.

But, history will haunt me forever

No comments:

Post a Comment